Complete your smile with dental implants from your Bristow, VA, dentists, Dr. Steve Pleickhardt and Dr. Jason Hwang of American Dental.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a tooth replacement method that replaces your tooth’s crown as well as its root. The tooth roots are replaced with metal screw-like posts to support the upper part of the implant. It can be single or multiple crowns, fixed bridges, or removable loose dentures.
How is the procedure performed?
Before starting the procedure, your dentist will evaluate your dental health and take X-rays to check if you are a good candidate for the procedure. During the checkups, your dentist will make sure that you don’t have any tooth decay and your jawbone can tolerate the posts and support them well. After that, the screw-like posts will be placed to serve as the tooth roots. The titanium inside these posts will fuse with your jawbone, giving the implant its stability. After the implant completely fuses with your jawbone, your dentist will attach the new artificial tooth crown. The dental implant will mimic your original tooth in its shape and function.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
The following are some benefits of having a dental implant in Bristow, VA:
- Dental implants look completely natural that no one will notice you are having an implant
- Dental implants provide strength and function just like the original teeth
- Dental implants preserve the facial structure by keeping your jawbone strong
- Dental implants don’t require any special care, the daily brushing and flossing are enough to keep the implant healthy
- With dental implants, you can eat anything you want without the fear of instability
- Dental implants are durable
Who are the candidates for dental implants?
To have a dental implant, patients must have the following:
- Enough bone density
- Fully developed jawbone
- Healthy oral cavity
Tobacco smoking and some health conditions might delay bone healing. Your dentist will evaluate your health conditions and make the best decision.
Restore your smile with dental implants in Bristow, VA, and enjoy your fabulous appearance. Visit Dr. Pleickhardt and Dr. Hwang of American Dental to get the best dental care. Call us at (703) 753-6695 and book your appointment now!